Best Practice Guidelines
The Celtic Seas Partnership is producing a series of Best Practice Guidelines to help marine stakeholders work and co-exist in ways which promote healthy, productive seas – towards the EU’s target of ‘Good Environmental Status’.
The three sets of guidelines will cover:
- transboundary marine governance – working across borders
- co-location of marine renewable energy projects with other marine users and interests
- conflict resolution and sectoral interaction between marine stakeholders
We have now produced these guidelines in draft, informed by:
– facilitated discussions at our own national and multi-national workshops throughout 2015, and the Irish Sea maritime Forum MSFD/MSP Working Group workshop held in Belfast last September
– comments from the project Observer Board and Expert Advisory Group
– ten case study investigations and reports from across the Celtic Seas (and beyond), namely:
Thanks to all those who responded to the consultation on the draft guidelines. We are now reviewing your comments and will publish the final versions later in 2016.